The internet is replete with generalized lists of “frequently asked questions” about patents and trademarks. Unfortunately, the questions posed and the answers provided are often just a lot of boring, legal mumbo jumbo written to impress other attorneys.
Your business, your inventions, your trademarks, your copyrights, and the challenges that you face are as unique as you are. You need specific, direct answers to questions like:
- Should I file a patent application for my invention?
- How much would a patent application for my invention cost?
- Is it ok for me to disclose my invention to my supplier or to a customer?
- Can I patent something I invented at work?
- My product is different from the one sold by my competitor. Does that mean that I don’t infringe the competitor’s patent?
- People have been doing that forever, so how can my competitor get a patent on it?
- I’ve been using my trademark for five years. So I assume that nothing bad can happen if I file a federal trademark application, right?
- I’ve learned that another company in another state is using my trademark. Why not just fire off a letter and demand that they stop?
To answer questions like these and to develop a cost effective plan that makes sense for your life and business, you need to talk to a patent attorney who not only has over 23 years of experience dealing with patents, trademarks, copyrights, litigation, and licensing, but has experience in the real world as well. You need to talk to Dennis Brown at Brown Patent Law.
To talk to Dennis Brown or to schedule a face to face meeting at our office in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, please call or email us now!
Brown Patent Law is a Tulsa area intellectual property firm serving clients in Oklahoma and from other states and internationally in the areas of patents, trademarks, copyrights, litigation, licensing and related matters.